Today was a long fun day. We celebrated my son's 6th birthday a day early because my husband had the day off. We went to Micky D's for lunch and went to the theater to see Mega Mind. It was a fun movie. We also stopped of at Walmart to let my son pick a small toy he wanted. He got a hero set... no surprise there! Since we were busy and his actual birthday isn't 'til tomorrow, I didn't get a cake baked. So I asked my hubby to pick up one with a hero on it. When he got home it went straight into the fridge and I didn't see there was no hero.
At this point, my son is ALL about the heros. So at dinner, when the cake was pulled out my son began to cry and stomp around the room in a big meltdown. A late night to bed last night coupled with all the sugar and excitement of today magnified all this. As there was no consoling him, I was relieved when an idea popped into my head. I ran to the toy bin and grabbed a couple small heros and washed them off and popped them on top of the cake. Sorrow and meltdowns turned to instant joy. Phew! Justice has been served and all is good in the world for my little 6 year old again!
No comments:
Post a Comment